Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend party at Sheaf

It's my last official day in Sydney before heading up the coast... at least I expect it is. I'm sitting in Tribal Travel, an awesome agency in King's Cross. They have free internet and it's raining out, so I expect I'll be here for a while, at least until I can meet with my travel guy to discuss plans.

While it's hard to top dinner with Donny-T, Saturday night was a close second here in Sydney. I bought the hottest dress - black with a gold design on it, and was planning on wearing it to Alana's house warming at Sheaf, a super-cool bar a short cab ride from Bondi. But first, we headed back to Dane's old place on Bronte and pre-drank with everyone. Trish and I (see pic on the left) cabbed it over to the beach. It was gorgeous outside! Nearly full moon, Bondi was packed with people, and we were all dressed up and ready for a sweet night out. Trish looked gorge in a coral dress and we both agreed my outfit choice was a winner (wow, don't worry my life isn't just about dressing up!)

About 12 of us packed onto Dane's old veranda overlooking the ocean. The guys had coincidentally (or not, perhaps it was planned) all worn white tee's and jeans, so they all resembled the days of boy bands. We drank beer and left around 11 for the bar. We accidentally left Aaron, Dane's friend, behind - or he just didn't clue into the fact we'd all left, because we got a text from him saying 'where are you guys, how am I gonna get to the bar now'. If you knew Ikin, you'd big time appreciate the humour.

Sheaf is AMAZING! It's all outside, and split into about four different courtyards on two storeys. We drank beer and met up with Alana and her friends on the second floor. The night was perfect! I'm so glad I stuck around for the weekend. (Right: pic of me and Mitch, Dane`s old roomie).

The next morning consisted of McDonald's and a long run along the coast from Bondi to Bronte to make up for it. This was my usual route whilst staying at Dane's in January and it felt surreal to be back there again, doing the same run I'd done in the start of my trip, but now able to think about all that's happened. What a humbling experience. The guys were all at Dane's old place and I stayed to watch a bit of Superbad and pick up my sandals I'd left there the night before in place of my heels.

It was also tsunami watch 2010 for Bondi. The earthquake in Chile had apparently set off tsunamis worldwide and Sydney was on the lookout. We did notice a lower tide than normal but nothing hit. I ran back to Bondi in the rain and stopped to lookout at the water for a few minutes, drenched in the rain but completely content. I don't know when I'll be back there, so I wanted to take it in. I did.

Last night we all went to see Shutter Island with Leo Dicaps. It's nuts! It's definitely a psychological thriller with an unpredictable ending. Leo's performance is awesome and I didn't predict the twist, save for one thing that I won't giveaway here. Today I've been hanging out in Sydney and am sorting out my life - what a task!

Canada won gold!! Can't forget to mention that here, although everyone knows by now. I watched it this morning and it was amazing. I'm sad I wasn't at McMullen's with the guys, although I did see pics - it's sooo snowy there.

So here I am. I'll keep you posted on the next move, although it will probably be straight up to the islands to soak in the sun. I don't have much time left. I fly out of Sydney on March 12 to go to Vancouver to reunite with Kates and I can't wait! It's been so long since I've seen sisto, or even talked on the phone... crazy in sisto-time. But now, I've got to focus on the next 24 hours and get my act together or I'll waste the last 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment