Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Australian Open Day 1

Quick post - I'm here at the Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne! I was so lucky to get a media accreditation and will be helping out with the web team here. I'm in the press room right now and it's full of action. I'm tasked to write a game summary which I should be doing right now. Once it's posted I'll share the link on the blog.

I took the train into Melbourne yesterday - it was 12 hours!!! It was an amazing ride - I had nothing else to do, and I saw a lot of countryside. I am staying with a family 30 mins out of the city. They are amazing - they have two daughters, one who is overseas, so they kindly are putting me up in her room for three weeks. The house is a quaint, eclectic, cozy place and is just beautiful.

So, today I am going to watch some tennis matches and write my first report - wish me luck! Tom is here with me and it's nice to have a few people I know around. I also saw Federer and Montfils practicing on centre court. I look forward to the random close encounters with the players while I'm here!

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. What I would give to be in your shoes right now. I miss the newsroom rush!

    ReplyDelete