Saturday, January 30, 2010

Funny/minor observations while tramming

For over two weeks now, I've been taking the same tram along the same route to the tennis and back every day. For two weeks, I've passed the same church and always noticed a banner strung across it reading: 'Jesus: the only way to God'. However, for the past two weeks, a tree's been covering part of the banner, so I've been reading it as if it said: 'Jesus, the only way to Go." Today I realized it and had a good chuckle to myself. It's times like these I wish I had Kate or someone with me to appreciate the humour. Ahh, the ups and downs of travelling alone.

There is also a tram-card payment system here called the My Ki, pronounced My Key, where riders put their cards up to a small machine, installed in every tram, and it reads it. Many people here complain about it as it often doesn't work. I've almost been tempted to suggest to name it the 'Quick Ki' (say it fast), and I think it would take a bit of the pressure off a machine that sometimes doesn't work but is fun to watch people trying to use. It sure would apply to the often frustrated patrons jamming and pulling out their keys multiple times before it actually works.

There's a store called Dimmey's and I can't stand the name. It just reminds me of that guys' name in the Exorcist so every time the tram goes past I try to avoid looking at it. It's not just a store, it's a giant building that takes up an entire block of the city and the name is written all over it at least 30 times! It's kinda funny, I don't know what it is, but I'll sit on the opposite side of the tram so I don't look over.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment